Looking for a job?
Smith Power Products is a great place to work and be given the opportunity to make a strong contribution to a growing business. Our work environment encourages you to learn about new products and new industries while offering daily challenges to your talents and skills.
As a small organization, we are flexible and adaptable to the needs of our customers and markets. We are innovative in our offerings of products and services and are always searching for the right talent for our company team.
If you are interested in applying for an open position within our company, please fill out the form below. Thank you!
- Locations: All locations
- Confer with end-user regarding engine symptoms and discuss repair procedures with Service Manager
- Diagnose mechanical and electronic engine malfunctions
- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electronic equipment
- Follow checklist of inspection procedures
- Perform routine maintenance, such as replace oil and filters, checking batteries and lubricating equipment
- Order parts and components as required for repair, keep track of items used during repair and return unused items in good working condition
- Test drive vehicles and place back in service confident repair is complete
- Complete required paperwork for customer invoice or warranty repair
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Maintain field service vehicle per company safety policy
- Comply with DOT rules and regulations
- Maintain a clean an organized professional work area
- Travel outside of local work area to assist other technicians or attend training
- Understand and utilize software and electronic interface diagnostic tools
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication
- Experience with diesel engines, on-highway, off-highway equipment and their components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehend overall vehicle subsystems
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in heavy-duty diesel engine industry or related industry